Thank you to www. food.com and Ben Ross for this recipe! My parents loved it so much so I had to " save" it! I am rewriting it the way I made it step by step but of course following Mr. Ross' recipe :)
Ingredients:
1 pack Pick&Pay frozen Calamari Rings (400g) (defrosted in the fridge and then put into colander and rinsed well with water to remove any residual "ice") Keep aside
2/3 cup bread crumbs
Salt & Pepper / Spice Mix (I used Portuguese Chicken Spice Mix from P&P and added a good TB or so!)
1/4 cup milk
1 egg
Oil for deep frying
Method:
1. Mix the breadcrumbs with salt and pepper/spice mix (any spice mix you would prefer!) and put into plastic bag
2. Beat egg and combine with milk in small dish
3. Heat oil in your frying pan
4. Dip calamari rings individually in egg/milk mixture (or leave for a couple of minutes - I added all the rings at once!) and put into plastic bag with breadcrumbs and shake to coat well
5. Deep fry calamari in batches in hot oil for 4 - 5 minutes or until nicely browned and remove with slotted spoon (keep aside and warm)
6. Serve with lime wedges / lemon wedges / tartar sauce / mayonnaise (or whichever you prefer!)
I served this with oven roasted veggies but I think some nice home-made chips would be divine!
This is a collection of my favourite recipes, mostly family and friends' recipes, and also my own. There are some from other sources, where I gave credit to the respective author/s. Thank you for visiting my blog! I hope you find many recipes you will enjoy and make again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recipe of the Day
Margie's Lemon Meringue Pie
Delicious!!! And super easy to make. INGREDIENTS 1 packet ginger biscuits / Tennis biscuits 1 tin condensed milk Juice of 2 lemons 3 TBS c...
-
This is it! This is that home-made version of Cape Velvet Cream you have been looking for! There are so many recipes out there for Cape Velv...
-
Servings: 4 Preparation time: 15 Cooking time: 30 INGREDIENTS 4 skinless chicken breast fillets ...
-
September en Oktober in die Kaap is Waterblommetjietyd! Dit is nou 'n groot bederf hierdie. Vir diƩ van julle wat dit nog nie probeer he...
-
As jy eers begin eet hieraan kan jy nie ophou nie. Dis dodelik lekker! Bron: Sarie Plasing: Henriette Wessels / WATERTAND RESEPTE VIR OUD...
-
I found this recipe on the back of a pack of Calamari steaks I bought at the SPAR. Very easy to make and delicious! The longer you leave the...
No comments:
Post a Comment